Monday, June 11, 2012

Kamehameha day


Kamehameha day is the festival of Hawaiians. Here, it is state holiday and there were parades in Kalakaua street in Waikiki. There were also many concerts outside for Hula, Hawaiian music and even Japanese percussion TAIKO. It has been long since I saw Taiko performance in Japan last time (I don't remember exactly when it was...), so I was happy to see the real Japanese performance.

On Sunday, I went to the beach with my friend. This is Waikiki beach with Diamond Head. The weather was great! I was a bit frustrated with bed bug's problem this week but I could really relaxed today. I went into the water and just play around with sea wave.

In Hawaii, I discovered "Smoothie", which is the crushed fruits and ice. Sometimes it is with some ice cream. But I prefer the smoothie without ice cream. Here, in International Market place, we found good smoothie place. Many kinds of fruit were around and it smelled so gooooood. It was perfect after sea bathing!  

No comments: