Thursday, April 27, 2006

"TOU NO HETSURI"


I went to see "TOU NO HETSURI" in Fukushima prefecture, Japan.
"TOU" means tower.
"HETSURI" means a dangerous cliff.
The sediment layer(cliff) was seen along the green river. This layer was piled up at the bottom of the ancient lake. The lake was formed as a "caldera". "Caldera" is a volcanic crater whose diamter is over 5km. Why this layer became like a tower or a cliff? This is because the water sculptured the layer.
Local people believed that the every tower was a buddist(or a god of buddism). Yeah, it was mysterious and beautiful.

I watched snow covered mountains near "TOU NO HETSURI". The two-headed mountain is named Mt. "FUTAMATA".

The scenery of many mountains are "NASU" mountains. Mt. Nasu is one of the most active volcanoes in Japan.

Actually, I didn't climb any mountain this time. I would like to climb some of the mountains I saw, this summer.

No comments: