Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week-end ski@Chamonix

I went to Chamonix Mt. Blanc this weekend because I have one friend who lives in Chamonix.
I wanted to visit her place before but I didn't have a chance as I was writing my thesis for a while.
On Saturday morning, I took a bus from Gare Routière in Geneva. With a bit of traffic jam, I arrived at Chamonix around 10:15. Then, I met my friends and started to ski.
It was greaaaaaat with blue sky!!
I enjoyed skiing so much and we took lunch. After the lunch, I ski alone as the level of my friends are so advanced... I went blue slope at first, but after that I went to the red slope again and again. I felt that I started to be accustomed and my body was relaxing. I was happy that I could ski better than last year!

In the evening, we had cheese fondue and wine. We talked a lot about our life, people in Chamonix etc...

Next morning, we went to the cross country ski field. It was so cold. But cross country ski was nice to heat our body. My friend stopped me for taking photo and she cried.
"Kae, you have vapor!"
???? VAPOR????
Yes, there was vapor around me because I was so hot with my ski wear and I sweat a lot.
Then, this hot sweat became vapor as ambient air was so cold.
Can you see the vapor around my head and arms?

After good exercise of cross country ski, we went to the Japanese restaurant SATSUKI in the town of Chamonix. We ordered hot SAKE which is my favorite...
As my friend knew the owner of this restaurant, the owner gave us Sashimi of salmon.
Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious!!!
We ordered an "Amiyaki" lunch which is a plate with roasted beef and salad with Japanese sauce made by soy sauce and "Mirin". I was already drunk when the Amiyaki was served.
You see... I am completely drunk.

I hardly drink alcohol except hot SAKE called "Atsukan".
We drank two bottles of Atsukan during lunch time because it was Sunday!!!
Of course, I had to cool down my hot face by walking in the town. It was fine day and it was so pleasant to walk around. C'était très sympa de promener dans une ville.
We also had some dessert in the café where another Japanese works as a pâtissier.
It was a full course holiday for me.

I was so so happy as I haven't enjoyed holidays for long time. Even I traveled a bit during the summer, I couldn't really enjoyed worrying my thesis. Now I can enjoy weekend without thinking too much about my thesis, I still have to do the defense though.

Very nice and pleasant weekend...

No comments: