Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas in Hawaii (with HULA!)

This is the first time for me to have Christmas in HOT place. Here in Hawaii, they also celebrate Christmas. (For me, it is bizarre to be so warm and sunny in Christmas season).
Christmas tree in front of Ward Center
You can see the blue sky with a Christmas tree. Hmmm, it's summer Christmas.

The entrance of Ward Cinema.
There is a wreath, too.

I came to Ward Center in Honolulu because I wanted to see the Hula dance show.
My friend started to take the lesson of Hula with me (!) and I quit it the second time. But she continues and she is now a good hula dancer. Her Hula school showed up at the stage of Ward Center.

Hula dance of children 1
Hula dance of youngest dancers. So cute!
Hula dance of children 2. Their technique is great and they are pretty.
Here is an adult Hula. My friend is in this group.
Oldest girls? Very beautiful!
In general, I like to see Hula dances. This time, I enjoyed a lot because this is Christmas version. Costumes are decorated and musics are Christmas songs. I don't know the titles of the musics but some of them are Hawaiian Christmas songs. The lyrics about the Christmas in Hawaii. Some musics are also in Hawaiian language. I should have learned the language. As the Hula expression includes a lot of pantomimes with meanings, it must be fun to understand the lyrics and the mime at the same time. Anyway, it was heart warming show in hot Hawaiian shopping center. After the show, I enjoyed the lunch of "Kua'aina" Hamburger with avocado. It's my favorite hamburger. Mmmmmm, delicious!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!

No comments: