Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Year 2013

I was in Japan for a New Year's Day.
I went back to Japan on 28th December and prepared traditional meal "Osechi" with my mother and father. Here is our Osechi and Zouni.

Osechi in Ju-bako and Zouni, soup with Mochi.
 Osechi is in the box called "Oju" or "Jubako". There are three "Ju"s. The first is a "Ichi no Ju", the second is "Ni no Ju" and the third is "San no Ju". I put sweet food such as "Kuromame (black beans)", "Kuri-Kinton (Chesnuts)" and "Datemaki (Omelet with Fish paste)" in "Ichi no Ju". There are some salty food and soir food such as "Kazunoko (Fish egg of Nishin)", "Namasu (Vinegared radish and carrot)" and "Renkon (Vinegared lotus root)". All cooked vegetables (cooked with Japanese soup "Dashi" and soy sauce) are in the third "San no Ju".

 Zouni is a soup with vegetables, some meat and Mochi. Mochi is very important. Almost everywhere in Japan, we eat Zouni which is soup with Mochi. Mochi is a paste made from sticky rice. We have so many variation of Zouni soup but we are sure to have some Mochi inside.

Toso (Sake with some spice)
We also have Toso in the morning of new year's days. "San ga nichi" is new year's days from 1st - 3rd January. Toso is sake with some spice. We can buy "Tososan" which spice for Toso at the pharmacy. You see such beautiful pot and sake cup which is called "Sakazuki".

I was so happy to have a new year's day with my parents in Japan because the day is so special for Japanese and it is a day for family (I think). I couldn't come back to Japan last year because I was working for my PhD thesis.


Now, I have a new life. It is not really easy... I was disappointed from time to time last year. I couldn't like a place where I live. However, now I am feeling one thing is very important... HAPPINESS.

It is miracle to be here without any big health problem or any serious problem of family. I have many good friends and we support each other. I have also nice colleagues, now. However, I know that people can easily die. I thought so when my grandmother died. I felt so when my senior died. When I read one book, I really regret that I had considered to suicide myself. I should live and enjoy as much as possible. I have to appreciate my life! The best way to appreciate my life is to feel the happiness, I think.

Sometimes, I can't feel happiness.  I complain a lot and just feel that I am so miserable. NO, I am quite LUCKY!!! My friend made me realize so in the beginning of this year. I appreciate him too.


This year, I would like to try to feel happiness as much as possible. I would like to smile as much as possible. I would like to look for the happiness without complaining my situation. I wish everybody's happiness as well.

Greeting to everyone...
 All the best in your year 2013!!


No comments: