Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happy Easter Holiday

Pineapple train of Dole Plantation
On Easter Sunday, we went to Dole Plantation in Oahu Island. A train called "Pineapple express" is a popular excursion of this park. Children like this train which goes through the pineapple field. So, we went there for my friend's daughter. They are very happy family and I really love to hang around with them.

My friend and his daughter waiting for the train
Family photo in the train "Pineapple express"
Do you know that pineapples are so delicious in Hawaii? Yes, it is very good because they are gathered when they are almost ripe. It's nice for us to have a piece of pineapple just after getting off the train. And another popular thing in Dole Plantation is Pineapple ice cream. I love it!

  
I am holding a pineapple ice cream (Waffle Cone $4.95)
Actually, the history of Hawaii is related to the pineapple and sugar cane fields. Many people came to Hawaii from Asian countries including Japan. I heard somewhere that the condition of labors were not so good.  They worked hard and feel the gap with their dream. Most of people from Japan expected to have easier life in Hawaii and that's why they decided to come to Hawaii. I was very happy to eat such delicious ice cream. However, the taste of history of pineapple plantation was a little bitter.

Anyway, the daughter of my friend were very happy with the train and ice cream. We shared two ice creams, but they ordered another one as it was so delicious!

After we get back to Honolulu, I introduced my boyfriend to them. This was the first time for me to introduce my boyfriend to someone else. So, it became unforgettable day for me.
Happy Happy Easter!!



No comments: